My Promise

A glimpse into my crazy life!!!


Friday, September 28, 2012

Corn Fritters...Yumm-o!!!

Ok, I was skeptical at first! I mean seriously? Fried corn patties? Come on, who eats that?!? Well, apparently we do! These were super easy to make, and very yummy!!
Now, the recipe calls for freshly shucked corn. I didn't have that on hand. I had my frozen corn in the freezer, so I used that. It worked just fine :)

6 ears corn (about 4 1/2 cups)
4 eggs
1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c vegetable oil for frying

Stir the corn, eggs, flour and salt together in a bowl, making a batter that is consistent with a thin pancake batter.
Heat oil to 325 degrees if using a larger pan, or electric skillet. Heat on med/high if using a regular skillet like I did.
Make 4 pancake sized fritters in a pan (as you can see, I didn't do that..lol).
Fry about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment