My Promise

A glimpse into my crazy life!!!


Wednesday, April 29, 2015

My healthy lifestyle journey

So, I've been feeling like crap for a few weeks. I thought maybe my sugar was out of whack, so I had some blood work done this week. Thankfully, it came back normal, but that left me wondering what was going on. Now, I have Fibromyalgia, so I understand that I'm going to have days that I feel miserable and sore, so maybe this was a major flare up, who knows.  What I do know, though, is that our eating habits suck. This is going to be a factor in my feeling miserable, and it's going to contribute to flare ups, so a decision was made. I am embarking on a healthier eating journey, which is going to include drinking a LOT more water, and I am going to quit smoking. I had my doctor call in some nicotine patches to help with that, because frankly, I haven't the willpower, what with the stress of having a special needs child. I have just a few cigarettes left in my pack, that will be finished tonight, so tomorrow morning I will start the patches. I am going to severely cut down my pop intake. I usually only drink pop throughout the day, with a cup of coffee or and iced coffee thrown in there. Well, today I did good! I have had one can of pop for the whole day! Now, I'm bound to fall off the wagon with that because I love pop! I mean, come on, who doesn't..lol. Instead of pop for breakfast, I will be enjoying a nice cup of coffee from my Keurig, with only creamer, no sugar. I haven't put sugar in my coffee for well over a year now. I use flavored creamer and that is plenty sweet :) I'm eliminating almost all fried foods, because that messes with my irritable bowel, so it just makes sense. I'm going to try to update daily,  it anyone with a special needs child knows that you never know what each day is going to bring, so I will do my best! 

Here's to getting healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment